This will not be another post about the global pandemic we are experiencing, but I trust you are adhering to the rules and regulations of keeping safe from the virus. I have been working home and social distancing since the beginning of March and I cannot begin to stress how much insanity this has caused in my life. I found myself mentally deranged especially around my mom’s one-year death anniversary in July, I had trouble sleeping, got into dark moods and my anxiety levels went through the roof.
This is not a post to dwell on the negative but to share what really helped me out of the state I was in. Acknowledging what was happening really helped, Praying, journaling, and listening to my favourite podcasts which is what I will be sharing with you today. Podcasts have been part of my life for a while now, it is like having an internet friend that gets you, a friend you can relate to and grow with. The following are my top 5 favourite Podcasts, I will include short information about each podcast and leave the rest to you to download. Enjoy the read.
JOEL OSTEEN PODCAST
- This Podcast is uplifting and refreshing. He is forever encouraging, fills one with hope and faith through hard times. It is like things will get better – Life is tough, but we are overcomers through the strength of Jesus.
SLAY GIRL SLAY
- Listening to SGS is like having a conversation with a girlfriend about anything and everything. Hosted by Ashley Leggs, this series was created for every woman who is on the verge of her come up, creating her own vibe, and transforming her life.
OPRAH’S SUPERSOUL CONVERSATIONS
- This does not need any introduction, its Oprah. I love “Mama O” so much, she is an inspiration to a lot of people including me. The Podcast is filled with Oprah’s personal selection of her interviews with thought-leaders, best-selling authors, spiritual luminaries, as well as health and wellness experts.
SHE BRIGADE the Podcast
- Hosted by Pelontle Mosimege, She Brigade the Podcast is a platform where women share the stories of all that has led them to become who they are today. I love the story telling of the guests, its raw and authentic.
THE BLOOM PODCAST
- Founded by Zim Flores, Bloom is a column-style faith podcast for every season of a woman’s journey. She says “Whether you’re chasing after the things of God, desire to cultivate a deeper relationship with Him or need a source of hope to cling onto during difficult times, this podcast is for you “
These are available for free on the App store, Spotify, Google, and Anchor.
Thank you for stopping by.